Monday, December 04, 2006

iPod on shuffle

I saw this survey on The Assimilated Negro (http://theassimilatednegro.blogspot.com). His instructions, my iPod answers.

IF YOUR LIFE WERE A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...


Opening Credits:
Wagner: Tristan and Isolde, Was traumte mir von Tristans Ehre? - Wilhelm Furtwangler
Waking Up: We Run This - Missy Elliott
First Day at School: Bellydance music - don't know the artist or title
Falling In Love: Le Desert - Emilie Simon
Fight Song: Me Gustas Tu - Manu Chao
Breaking Up: When It Hurts So Bad - Lauryn Hill
Prom: Safe from Harm - Massive Attack
Life: I'm the Toughest - Peter Tosh
Mental Breakdown: Sugar, We're Going Down - Fallout Boy
Driving: Erotic City - Prince
Flashback: Where's Your Head At - Basement Jaxx
Wedding: Raid - The Constant Gardener Soundtrack
Birth of Child: Ai Du - Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder
Final Battle: Sweetest Tabou - Les Nubians w/Casey
Death Scene: Russian Unit 3 - Pimsleur Russian Language Course**
Funeral Song: I Can't Stand It - Dennis Brown
End Credit: Ya Rayah - Rachid Taha

He's right about the "oddly appropriate couplings." The death scene is a Russian lesson? Absolutely Litvinenko.
But where is my beloved Arabic music? Mostly this makes me realize I need to delete some junk from my iTunes library. Fallout Boy. Come on. That was purely a curiosity download.

1 comment:

X said...

Ok, this is great. I had to try it. Here's my soundtrack:

Opening Credits:
I’m Gonna to Live the Life I sing About In My Song (Mahalia Jackson)

Waking Up:
Sleep to Dream (Fiona Apple)


First Day at School:
I can Put My Trust In Jesus (Mahalia Jackson)

Falling In Love:
As (Stevie Wonder – the one with the lyric “I’ll be lovin you always”)


Fight Song:
Live it Up (John Legend)

When It Hurts So Bad
One Love (Bob Marley)

Prom:
Hot (Missy Elliot) (odd, because it definitely was NOT HOT!)


Life:
Sweet Baby (Macy Gray Featuring Erykah Badu – “Sweet Sweet Baby Life is crazy…”)

Mental Breakdown:
Another Star (Stevie Wonder : “For you There might be another song But all my heart can hear is your melody So long ago my heart without demanding Informed me that no other love colud do But listen did I not though understanding Fell in love with oneWho would break my heart in two…”)


Driving:
Come with Me (Zwan)

Flashback:
The Wind Cries Mary (Jimi Hendrix-the song that changed my musical life when I was 15)


Wedding:
OverJoyed (Stevie Wonder – “And And though you don't believe that they do/They do come true/For did my dreams/Come true when I looked at you/And maybe too, if you would believe/You too might be/Overjoyed, over loved, over me)


Birth of Child: the Departure (Elliot goldenthal – instrumental- Frida Soundtrack. It’s a little sad. It makes me think I’m not having kids. Yikes!)

Final Battle: Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos (Public Enemy –They wanted me for their army or whatever/ Picture me given a damn - I said never/ Here is a land that never gave a damn/ About a brother like me and myself/Because they never did/I wasn/t wit it, but just that very minute.../It occured to me/The suckers had authority/Cold sweatin as I dwell in my cell/How long has it been? /They got me sittin in the state pen/I gotta get out - but that thought was thought before/I contemplated a plan on the cell floor/Im not a fugitive on the run/But a brother like me begun - to be another one/Public enemy servin time - they drew the line yall/To criticize me some crime - never the less/They could not understand that Im a black man/ And I could never be a veteran/On the strength, the situations unreal/I got a raw deal, so Im goin for the steel

Funeral Song:
What a Difference a Day Makes (Jamie McCullum)

End Credit:
Star Eyes (Charlie Parker-smooth, upbeat with a tinge of melancholy. I think it works. )

Crazy! Keep up the blog!
Peace Out!
X