Monday, October 02, 2006

Thinking back on Normandy





Normandy is a physically imposing place, and you can't help but be struck by its beauty. I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't like it. I loved being surrounded by that. The house has such huge potential – 6000 sq meters of property, a main house that is rare in its sheer size and will be even more stunning with a minimum of $300,000 of renovations poured into it, colombage to die for, a floor in one room made of rare tropical wood that no longer exists and, when polished, is purple in its hue – but we don’t have the money or time to invest in it at the moment. It’s an incredible deal for someone who loves the craftsmanship and the intricate woodwork of the time. The flip side is that it’s challenging to live there now, while it’s unfinished. I don’t need fancy surroundings, but I need a few more comforts than we had there. Phone, internet connection, and finished floors throughout would do it. I wish we could buy out the big brother’s half and hold onto it for another 10 years. Take a look at Normandy property prices. It will be so valuable. Ah, well.

No comments: